Design, construction, operation, maintenance and upgrade of high & ultra-high vacuum systems for accelerators and detectors.
- Expertise and support on thin-walled vacuum chambers, windows and bellows compensation systems;
- Expertise in vacuum sealing and leak-tightness technology;
- Expertise in dynamic vacuum phenomena;
- Management of the industrial support contract for vacuum work in accelerators;
- Expertise in vacuum control systems, vacuum interlocks and monitoring tools;
- Simulation of pressure profiles and synchrotron radiation distribution in accelerators.
s treatments, surface and chemical analysis for Accelerators and Detectors. Expertise and support in the fields of:
- Coatings, electroplating and surface cleaning techniques;
- Plasma characterisation and simulation;
- UHV characterization of material and surfaces;
- Degassing analysis and treatments.
Approved by the TE Department Head for the period 2016-2020.