Building the HL-LHC Cold box in SD4. This is part of the upgrade of the LHC cryogenic system for HL-LHC. There will be a series of photos on the work done in the cold box. This first concerns welding work (Image: CERN)
CRG group is responsible of the design, construction, operation & maintenance of cryogenic systems for accelerators and detectors.
- Design, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance of the cryogenic systems for CERN accelerators and detectors
- Operation, maintenance and upgrade of cryogenic test facilities
- Support for low-temperature developments and tests at the Central Cryogenic Laboratory
- Supply of cryogenic fluids on the CERN site
- Consultancy and support in cryogenic design and cryogenic instrumentation.