Assists the Department Head (DH) in his mission by
- Supports the department on the overall management and planning of departmental resources (budget and personnel);
- ensures the administrative assistance to the DH and the Groups in the form of central and Group Secretariats as well as information and communication across the department.
- supports management and DH in the short term and long term financial resource planning for the Department.
- prepares DH negotiations and arbitration inside the department or between departments. This includes general services such as financial administration (follow-up of invoices, contracts, requests for funds, inventory, etc.) and the management of the TE car pool and spaces under the responsibility of TE.
- Ensures the follow-up of technical and administrative matters and the implementation of decisions of the TE management (TEMB) and Technical (TETM) boards. This includes reporting and information exchange among the DH and Group Leaders for all aspects related to the Maintenance and Operation (M&O) of running accelerators and related infrastructures and their consolidation;
- Takes part in the definition and follow-up of the TE R&D program, contributions to to projects and studies; helps in particular with the QA follow-up of work packages, milestones and resources; acts on behalf of the DH for the follow-up of the execution of the TE projects and as TE representative in CERN KT and EU committees;
- Further steers the implementation and follow-up of the Collaboration Agreements with outside laboratories and institutions, including the ones in partnership whit projects and studies and the externally funded collaborations;
- Coordinates the CERN technical apprentice program for the Organization and links the Swiss professional training centre's; this includes their recruitment, assignment of projects and training;
- Coordinates the training of personnel, Fellows, Students, Trainees and Associates programs including the department needs collection for HR committees and their performance evaluation;
- Supports the Department and high level management, through the TE DSO, with the implementation and roll-out of safety decisions taken by Department Head;
- Represents the Department in CERN-wide and inter-departmental bodies dealing with administrative, personnel, budget matters.